December 20, 2018
After having the bottom half of the bus treated and sprayed last winter, we decided to send him back into the bodyshop to have the top half done, with lots of new parts fitted! The main focus was the start of the bubbling of the paintwork around the window sills. This required immediate attention before any real rusting or rotting started to occour. Having all bubbled spots removed and treated, these were put back to how they should be and all glass was cleaned and polished up in the process.
• Front windscreen sill removed and re-welded
• All glass out and window sills re-welded
• Rust bubbles removed from engine hatch
• Rear bumper resprayed
• New Front bumper
• New Windscreen Glass
• New rubber seals all round
Whilst having the top half prepped and painted, we decided to freshen up some of the 40+year old glasswork with a completley new EU rated windscreen, and having all the side windows polished up and new seals replaced all round. We also invested in a new Devon Poptop Cap from Just Kampers! This will ensure there are no leaks.